...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM WEDNESDAY TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Heavy snow, then heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow and sleet accumulations of 4 to 6 inches, with localized amounts up to 8 inches, and ice accumulations of one tenth to two tenths of an inch are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of South-Central Pennsylvania.
* WHEN...The heaviest snow will fall at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour for 4 to 5 hours during the late morning and early afternoon hours, before changing to sleet during the afternoon, then over to lighter freezing rain by Wednesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on difficult travel conditions, including during the morning commute on Wednesday. Be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times.
* PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU, DIG OUT A NEARBY FIRE HYDRANT IF YOU CAN, REMEMBER 3 FEET THE WHOLE WAY AROUND!!
This morning around 10:53, the Middletown Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the Driftwood Building in the Village of Pineford for reports of an odor of smoke in the building. Engine 88 made the response in under two minutes.
With that being said, any and all fire related alarms in the Village of Pineford are considered local alarms. This means that they are not monitored by a central monitoring station. We understand that it is possible, like this morning, for the fire alarm to sound for any given amount of time without the fire department ever being aware of the issue. We remind residents to be vigilant and dial 9-1-1 if there is any type of alarm activation. Please also remember that, every alarm should be treated as if there were an actual emergency. We ask that if there is an alarm activation, that you exit the building and close all doors and windows behind you as permissible.
Yesterday around 15:00, Rescue-Engine 88 was dispatched as part of the 1st Alarm, to the 7000 blk of Chambers Hill Road in Swatara Twp, for a working garage fire. RE88, under the command of A/C Gilday arrived with 3 personnel and was assigned to send manpower forward however, Engine 91-2, who was operating from Steck Ct(Side Charlie) was out of water due to the only supply line feeding units operating in the driveway of the address. While A/C Gilday and Lt M. Krupilis went to assist with fire suppression, the chauffeur dumped the RE’s tank water to E91-2. A/C Gilday, being assigned Side Charlie Supervisor, and crew worked with crews from 91-2 and 59 to open up and extinguish the Charlie Side as all operations were defensive. The RE refilled the tank off of E59 then provided water again to E91-2, until tankers arrived. The crew worked on extinguishment and overhaul before returning to service about 2.5 hours later.
Driving to work this morning I saw a number of people off the road and I even fish tailed. So I slowed down and put my flashers on. Yet, trucks and cars flying past me going the normal speed limit. People need to slow down, being late is better then getting into an accident.
Prayera to all involve
Yup that’s it hope everyone made it out safe and healthy
Does anyone know what part of 283 this is and how the roads going towards Harrisburg are?
Wagon and Tower taking first due responsibilities at the Middletown Area High School. No fire was found. Problem was traced back to steam.59-3 Reported Building Fire @ Middletown Area High School. 1-31-19 ... See moreSee less